Friday Friday Friday. Want to try something?
I’m going to try a post without pictures. You tell me if you like it.
Usually I like to fiddle with a recipe on a Friday since I have a little more time and there’s not too much pressure for Saturday. If we’re not going out – my personal preference is to stay in – then I try to do something new.
This recipe is not edible. Yep, you heard me. But it is long lasting. It’s
- a medium saucepan (Going to put about 5-6 cups of liquid in it)
- an orange or citrus-y fruit
- cinnamon – can be ground or sticks
- nutmeg or allspice work well, too, if you have them on hand
- Squeeze juice from orange, throw in pot.
- Take squeezed rinds from the orange, and throw in pot. You can also peel the orange and just put the peels in the pot, if you prefer. Save the orange for a marinade! Better yet, flavor up some water or put it in a cocktail!
- Throw in a good pinch of cloves.
- Through in 2 tablespoons of cinnamon or 5 cinnamon sticks.
- Cover it all with water – about 6 cups.
- Turn on medium for 10 minutes, then low for however long you like. I do maybe an hour or two.
You won’t need a candle because this will scent your WHOLE house for the whole day. Fill it up with more water if needed. You can turn it off after an hour or so, and the steam will still permeate throughout your whole house. I keep the same pot, yes, the same pot, on my stove for probably two weeks. I add to it a little bit here and there.
I’ll try to come up with some new scents, soon.
In the meantime, let me know if you did this!